Thursday, April 10, 2008

Idol Gives Back

So while I was crushed that ANTM was a recap I decided not to sit and watch American Idol Gives Back in real time so I recorded it.... Damn DVR stoped recording right at the end time but Mariah's performance was cut off so I had to wait to get to a YouTube friendly computer (aka not my computer at work) to see it... Just finished watching and she was good - wow she's skinny and Randy Jackson was showing off his skills!

Here's my recap of what I liked best of the show (in no particular order):
  • So You Think You Can Dance dancers - I love them! (but I was annoyed with the flashing lights that made it difficult to see)

  • Jimmy Kimmel's roast of Simon Cowell was fantasticly funny!!!

  • Annie Lenox was amazing as always

  • Fergie-Ferg w/ John Ledgend was really nice. Then she came back and rocked Barracuda with Heart - after some wierd horse walk onto stage - and it was awkward with Fergie writhing all over the stage while the ladies were just hanging out but the song was good!

  • I enjoyed Terri Hatcher and the 'Band from TV' perform - the pre-skit was stupid but the performance was good! I didn't know she could sing...

  • Seeing Snoop just reminded me of him at Comic-Con and how M.M. and I rushed around trying to find him free *stuff* to give to some kid at a party he was going to (we didn't find anything good and pretty much gave him a bag of flyers and junk)

  • Reese is too cute!

  • The banter between Billy Crystal and Miley Cyrus was just cringe worthy. Did anyone else notice the wierd way she kept holding her left arm when she let go of the mic stand? Odd.

  • Mary Murphy - um the yelling was unnecessary (really)

  • Sarah Silverman was there, right? Clearly un-note-worthy

  • The video's by Bono, Daughtry, Forest Whitaker, etc were all very touching

  • Ryan Seacrest may be the 'Hardest Working Man' in the entertainment biz but he was trying way too hard to be funny.... not good

  • I know they are saying Carrie Underwoods dress was a bad choice but I thought it was very pretty.... oh yeah, she sang nice too.

  • Speaking of singing the Idol contestants sang too

  • And in the end what made it all worth it....Brad Pitt walked out on stage and got a Standing O. I almost got up from my couch as well to applaude just because he is so amazingly good looking! (Actually I kinda wanted to be the woman that had to mic him/touch him)


No comments: