Thursday, May 29, 2008

Indy 4



Wednesday night Julie, Mollie and I met to watch Indy 4. I think that Mollie forgot to bring her Indiana Jones hat that she threatened to wear. (Dodge skipped this movie trip because I she's "a movie talker" if she's not 100% into the movie so she passed)



We arrived early enough to get seats and watch the trailers (more about those in a bit). For a Wednesday night I was surprised how many people there were in the theater. The downside to it being midweek is that some woman decided it would be okay to bring her very young child who made noise and cried during the film. I along with others shushed them, and Mollie out of frustration left and complained to a manager - and the manager came in and talked to the woman but she didn't leave - I just tried to ignore the annoying kid noise.


Okay, back to the film - Harrison Ford has definitely stood the test of time and was as great as ever! The beginning of the film really set a pace that I hoped would be continued (unfortunately that wasn't the case). Cate Blanchette was fantastically hot as the femme fatale Soviet vamp. I so want her gloves! Shia (or Shelia as a friend insists on calling him) was enjoyable as the Marlon Brando Greaser kid : BUT he's no next-Indiana Jones. & I really loved the soda shop fight between the greasers and the socs - it was so The Outsiders!

The consensus was that the practical stunts and effects (rather than CGI effects) were really good. Julie was pretty grossed out by the ants. And everyone thought it was a good movie but wasn't a 5 out of 5 in the final rating.... the story twist felt just a little bit too Close Encounters of the Third Kind....

Our after movie treat was supposed to be a stop at the Beard Papa's Cream Puff place next to the theater - but sadly it was closed. I've still never been there! :o(



The Trailers:


  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was one of the trailers shown ~ I recognized Brad Pitts voice during the voice over but I'm not sure about this film yet....

  • Hellboy II: The Golden Army trailer was also shown. The trailer started with the mythical world that just looked amazing, and then reference to Guillermo del Toro was mentioned and then it clicked that it was Hellboy = guess it's going on my list of matinee movies to watch!

  • The more trailers I see for Kung Fu Panda the more interested I am in seeing it.

  • There was a trailer for a movie the Shia LaBeouf is in but I don't totally remember the name - after a quick check at imdb.com I presume it was for Eagle Eye...
  • Twilight was the last trailer and though I'm just a sucker for vampire movies it looked really good...

No comments: