Thursday, May 15, 2008

Dim Sum Dreams & Whitney Wins!!!


Last Night was Jules' Birthday Celebration dinner .... We went for Dim Sum (in case you were guessing) & it was a fantastically fun time!


Then I came home to catch up on the Finale of ANTM which was half way through - thank goodness for DVRs - I love zipping through the commercials and catching up to 'real tv time'. I found the very-condensed cover girl commercial bit interesting enough, but I was really happy to see that Fatima didn't make it to the final two. I have been rooting for Whitney all along but thought that Anya was the 'shoe in favorite' that would certainly make it to the finale 2.

Anya's accidentialy fantastic photo

But when the runway show was on Anya lost her perk and spark, which really surprised me. I realize that she was emotionally overwhelmed when preparing for the cover girl commercial but I really thought she's turn that 'energy out!' on the runway. But Whitney really 'brought it' on the runway! Granted her sexy walk was very sexy and I was concerned that she had too much of a sexy hip wiggle and that it would count against her. But in the end it didn't!


I know some (Tea w/ Lemon in particular) thought that Tyra was going to have a plus size (aka: normal size woman) model win this year as a way to slap-back at all the tabloids for her swimsuit photos and whatnot, but who knows if that had anything to do with it? I hope that Whitney has a good future in modeling no matter what. & I am sure that Anya is going to do very well in the modeling world as well.


Yes, it was a good evening - dim sum w/ friends and then a great TV win! Wheeee!

No comments: