Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sin City Part 2 ~ Other stuff....

Vegas continued....

Las Vegas Weather

Who knew Vegas would go from Hot & Sunny to Overcast & Muggy quickly followed by rain... then harder rain, thunder and lightening. Oh yeah, there was also flash floods on the streets.






The Bellagio Hotel

I really wanted to go see the Bellagio Conservatory because in the past I've always enjoyed the display. This time however it was quite an unfortunate experience. I'm really not even sure what the theme was.

There were trains
Hot Air Balloons

Huge animatronic baby eagles (???)




Thank goodness this 'Tree Spirit" didn't talk or move...


I really don't know what to say about this display... I was disappointed with this whacked conglomeration of all kinds of weird stuff but hey that's just me.



Belly Dance

As previously mentioned we went to Vegas to attend the Las Vegas Belly Dance Intensive: shows and workshops. I don't have any pictures from the workshops but I do have pics from the two shows we attended. I will post a few of my favorites soon but I need to just complain slightly about this meat head of a man that was in the front row on the Sat night show... See his head here?!


Well this dudes huge gum-drop shape head ended up in almost all my pictures... now I have to edit it out as much as possible!


Burlesque Girls

I've been to a few burlesque shows before, but I've never been to the Ivan Kane's 40 Deuces. I was really looking forward to it but maybe it was a quite night because it was a Sunday eve.... I'm not really sure what was going on but it really took quite a bit to get the crowd riled up.
The club is really REALLY small and the stage consists of an L shape runway against the wall and the whole bar 'runway'. Against the wall are strands of pearls which become a strong 'rope' so the dancer can hold on and swing and lift themselves doing all kinds of amazing moves. Above the bar runway area there is a bar in the ceiling and the dancer will use that can hold onto it and lift herself up. One of the dancers that night did a handstand and used the ceiling pole to walk on her hands across about half of the bar - & yes, it was impressive!

There were two dancers but what was really odd was that there wasn't an MC and the two dancers weren't announced. Not sure what was up with that.. hmmmm.? But I'm glad we went, but I'd like to see if it's busier on a Fri or Sat night.

Leaving Las Vegas

Due to the unexpected thunderstorm on Monday all flights leaving Vegas were delayed and we spent about an hour and a half on the tarmac with another 40+ planes praying that we'd actually get to leave ~ Though I didn't want to go to work the next day I really needed to...
Here is a slightly blurry pic of Vegas at night from the plane
as we finally got in the air...


And there we go Vegas 2008... Thanx & Good Night!

No comments: