Monday, June 30, 2008

Online heartache

Right, to start I should note that I don’t blog about my private life regarding dating, etc…. but I heard about this last week but at that time I found that the eBay listing had been deleted so I thought it all went away but now I see that it’s back…

Synopsis:
She's tried night clubs and online dating sites, but now a 42-year-old single mother is looking for love where everyone else's heart is breaking — the real estate market. After a year of trying to sell her four-bedroom home and eight years of singledom, Deven Trabosh is offering her South Florida home and a shot at marrying her on the Internet.
Full story on MSN found here

While I personally haven’t found that *right* man yet ~ you know, the forever & ever man ~ but the idea of placing an advertisement on the Internet is just on the edge of “crazy woman” behavior. Internet dating is one thing, but to sell her home with her “heart” attached is just a bit wacko…. Granted I don’t even own a home to contemplate a copy cat selling to try to hook a man but really is all this necessary???

I don’t mean to be a betch…. Maybe it’s that none of her friends have had the heart to tell her that maybe she’s just not marketable with or without the house to sell and that’s why she’s at her wit’s end?

Who am I to judge (basically being single and all) but this is just too over the top for me. If I was a man I think I’d be a bit scared that I’d be buying a one way ticket to crazy town.

No comments: