Friday, August 29, 2008

Captains farewell log....


So the week before I head to Las Vegas I learn that the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton is closing after an 11 year run on Monday, Sept 1st(turns out this notification was posted on June 30th, shows how much I've been paying attention).

Not that going to the Star Trek Experience was on my list of things to do next weekend ~ this is a Belly Dance focused weekend for me ~ but still now that I know I'll never be able to go again it's just a bit sad.

Yes, the Star Trek geek in me is now saddened....
As send off here is my Star Trek quotes tribute:


Kirk: You'd make a splendid computer, Mr Spock.
Spock: That is very kind of you, Captain!

Dr. Lenord McCoy: I'm a doctor, not an engineer/bricklayer/magician/etc....

Harry Mudd: Men will always be men — no matter where they are.

Jean-Luc Picard: Make it so.

Worf: If winning is not important, then Commander, why keep score?

Spock: Live long and prosper.

Data: "I am superior, sir, in many ways. But I would gladly give it up, to be human."
Riker: "Nice to meet you, Pinocchio."

James T. Kirk: Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.

Beam me up, Scotty *Favorite quote that was never said*

No comments: