Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sure I was there but don't ask me about it

July 21 to July 25th, 2010 marks the days when San Diego becomes a Hollywood / Pop Culture /Comic Book Mecca.

125,000+ people travel to San Diego to attend this amazingly huge convention. They line up the night before to get into the room/hall they most desire to be in, so they can get the coveted front row seats to be just that most closer to those that they admire the most. Don't believe me look online for pictures of those that sleep out waiting to get in first...



In this video this guy is completely surprised that there were people in line the prior night - Hey Dude, what were you thinking?!?

There was an Anti-Nerd Church protest.... 'Little did Fred Phelps and his minions from the Westboro Baptist Church were not ready for the cosplay action that awaited them at Comic-Con.'


Check out blogger favorite Tea With Lemon for a great recap of the protest here...

& finally, yes, most of you heard there was a pen stabbing over a seat in the coveted Hall H
CNN Video here



Nope I wasn't anywhere near by when this 'went down'... but of course there were stories and though I KNOW it didn't happen, when I hear that there was a HAZMAT team I kept imagining them repelling from the ceiling like ninja's (yeah, I'm weird)

Other than the above, which I heard about via word of mouth, I only saw two, 2, panels: *NBC's Community & ABC's Castle* - Both were FANTASTIC & I was so happy to see them!!

Everything else I've seen about SDCC10 has been found on youtube.com, so I invite you to do the same and let me know what I should look up!

No comments: