Monday, December 29, 2008

Where's your money?

Ever heard of Where's George?

Its a tracking website for dollar bills. Here is their 'mission statement': Do you ever wonder where that paper money in your pocket has been, or where it will go next? This is the place to find out.

I had pretty much forgotten all about this site until today when I received an email letting me know that someone else has re-entered the bill I entered in June 2007.

Here is my dollar bill info:
One Dollar Bill, ---6D Series: 2003
This bill has travelled 60 Miles in 1 Yr, 247 Days, 21 Hrs, 59 Mins at an average of 0.10 Miles per day.
It is now 36 Miles from its starting location.

  • Initial Entry: 26-Apr-07 09:35 PM Gilroy, CA
  • My Entry: 17-Jun-07 08:19 AM Redwood City, CA 51 Days, 10 Hrs, 43 Mins 47 0.92
  • Newest Entry: 29-Dec-08 06:35 PM Sunnyvale, CA 1 Yr, 196 Days, 11 Hrs, 15 Mins 13 0.02

This doesn't mean that the dollar bill that I set up for tracking hasn't been used since June '07- it only means that it's taken 1 year, 196 days, 11 hours & 15 minutes for someone else to enter it.

It's just too bad that that dollar bill isn't further away than Sunnyvale. I can't help wishing that the dollar bill was 'found' in another state or maybe somewhere on the East Coast.

Sure it's silly but at the same time it's pretty interesting to find that almost two years later that particular dollar is only 36 miles away from where I entered it so it has probably never left the Bay Area like some people who never leave the area where they grew up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The dollar tracking is neet. Did you know that in the 70's there was a goal to see how far a note could be sent to a friend without using the post office?
J