Sunday, November 9, 2008

Project Inaugural Ball Gown

I came across this article about the Project Runway designers ideas for Michelle Obama's Inaugural Ball Gown. The catch, and isn't there always a catch with reality show competitions, is that only low cost fabrics would be available. Here is what they would be allowed:
  • they were only allowed to use Laura Bush’s 2005 Inaugural Ball dress, to be chopped up and repurposed, à la Pretty in Pink
  • an American flag
  • burlap sacks
  • & $10 worth of trims of their choosing
There are nine Project Runway constants in total but here are some of my favorites.

I was a fan of Austin Scarlett from the first season and I really like this dress... His flamboyant style was spot on on the show and this dress could be a real show stopper.

Austin stated that this dress is going to be made out of washed burlap which he says will have a 'surprising modern richness'.... There is a note that its sort of 'bridzilla' and I can see that it is but I still like it.


This next gown illustration is by Leanne, the most recent Project Runway Winner.

Leanne said that the American Flag would be used to line the dress saying: "I hear potato sack is a little itchy on the skin"




This adorable cocktail-style dress is by Alison from Season 3. The dress is as adorable as Alison is. I would SO want to wear this!!




& I love this because it is by Chris March. Who else would have thought this up??!?
Chris says of his design " The first lady will have to resort to wearing a barrel. Of course, hers will be glamorous," with sparkles from the Bush dress, potato sack trim, and the old Stars and Stripes.

No comments: