Sunday, July 20, 2008

Everything & Nothing

Everything is so crazy.... next week is the busiest week I'll have this summer and I'm not even getting paid for it. But anyway, I've been able to fit in a few must do's before heading out. Last weekend was the get over the cold weekend but I made time for both Hellboy II & Wanted: Enjoyed them both!

Then it was a normal week at work.... which included a Play: Doubt & a board meeting - which turned into a brainstorming meeting of two since we were short three other members due to unforeseen reasons (wow, doesn't that sound official?). The week ended with seeing The Dark Knight in the afternoon on Saturday. The movie was really good! My knowledge of Batman is pretty much the TV shows and movies, though I am aware now of the comics/now graphic novels that show a much darker Batman ~ hence the movies now with Christian Bale.

Of course *they* say that many people may see Dark Knight due to the desire to see what is possibly Heath Ledgers final performance (I write possibly because there's no word on what's going to happen w/ The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus). But is that a bad thing? Not sure. It'd be even better if the unknown *they* also chose to go watch Heath's other films including Brokeback Mountain as that was a fantastic movie. As the Joker, Heath plays a very complex anarchist Joker with no real goal other than to watch the world burn.... I really liked the whole movie and all the characters though The Joker is the real star, I was especially happy to see Maggie Gyllenhal as Rachel Dawes (much better option than Katie Holms was). This year is full of Best Comic Book Movies ever... well, I think this the The Best of the Best of them!

On a different note, there were some good movie trailers that I've seen over the last couple weeks. First, I am really interested in Blindness - with Julianne More, it looks pretty intense. The Watchmen trailer looks amazing and there is still time for me to learn more about what it's all about! Daniel Craig has taken on the 007 role and I think he's GREAT at it! Can't wait for the Quantum of Solace to release.

No comments: