Saturday, January 1, 2011

Bye bye 2010

Day 1, 2011

While this might be the appropriate time to welcome the new year I've been in more of a "look back" mood..... 2010 overall has been a good year to me, but due to the recent stressful weeks I've been experiencing all I have wanted to say to 2010 is: GTFO!

However, I feel like I need to acknowledge the good parts of 2010 out weighted the 'bad' of 2010 (which just might fine tune my own perspective which has become skewed of late).

After my trip to the UK in Dec 2009 I was still riding high on that wonderful, though fraught with problems (storms prevented a trip to Scotland, lack of heating in our London Hostel), it was such an enjoyable trip and it's completed reignited my desire to travel more outside of the USA. Next planned excursion is going to be back to the UK for the Summer Olympics in 2012. Its a bit of a wait but it'll be here before I know it.

Clear December afternoon on the London Eye
(Won't be getting Dawn back on this contraption in 2012
)

Most don't think about their work when looking back at their year, unless they own their own company or have invented something cool, but I'm happy to still be employed, and at a company that's is bouncing back very nicely from the recent economic desperation. I've got nothing to complain about really, and I'm luckily enough happy to be working with people that are good and I enjoy being around basically, not everyone has that luxury.

In 2010 I planned a few really great Belly Dance events (SF/BA MECDA). We started with the Swap Meet Style Extravaganza in April, a really fun Flea Market in October and in November we held our annual Gala Show & Festival (see Gala photos here). Quite the accomplishment and well attended events! Soon I will have access to the video of my November performance, which I hope to get posted online.

In the fall I took up a new hobby (like I needed a new /another hobby): Billiards. Yep, I'm not only a card carrying member (literally) but I even purchased my very own pool cue.... now I'm a pool shark in training.... supposedly. All those years of playing pool in bars just doesn't measure up to a game with actual rules, but I'm having a good time and hopefully getting better.


In the end of it all, I'm most definitely grateful for my family and friends! So I wish them all a wonderful & prosperous new year.

So now I look ahead to 2011, though just started, hopefully will be full of fun and excitement ~ heck, most of January is already booked up so all is good & normal.

No comments: