Thursday, April 9, 2009

What I'm Watching


Recently I was having difficulty with my Cable Company Issue DVR so I had to trade it in....

The unexpected difficulty I had with trading it in for another DVR is that I had all kinds of shows that I was behind in watching. After too many weekends away last month I really got behind in my TV watching so I had to try and cram as much in as I could.

However I did have to make some choices ..... and in the 'world of TV' they kinda felt like hard choices...

What to Watch & What to Forget:
  • Watch: America's Next Top Model
  • Forget: Lost - it's on On Demand so I can catch them there
  • Watch: The F Word - I've got quite a crush on Gordon Ramsey these days
  • Forget: a couple KQED Masterpiece Theater shows I recorded at some time
  • Watch: The Coco Chanel Movie w/ Shirely McLaine - good movie by the way!
  • Forget: The Bridge - kinda thought the subject matter was just too heavy
In the end I've now only got the few shows that I started recording, but I actually have a sense of freedom. Freedom from my DVR and the shows that I recorded months back but never made the time for. The weekly guilty pleasure TV shows that I always made time for never sat and festered on the DVR, but the others just sat and sat getting lower and lower on the list.

For now with my 4 saved shows (as of yesterday) I'll easily catch up with them and stay on top of the shows and while I doubt I'll change my ways, for now I can try to stay on top of my DVR recordings ... but we'll see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bonus TV Post:

I was very happy to learn that a few of the recently canceled ABC shows will return this summer showing the remaining episodes never shown:

Pushing Daisies: May 30 - June 13 @ 10pm

Dirty Sexy Money: July 18 - Aug 8 @ 10pm

(and though I never watched this one Eli Stone: June 20 - July 11 also at 10pm

No comments: