Sunday, February 8, 2009

You Better Work!!!

While America's Next Top Model is about to start this month, RuPaul's Drag Race made it out of the gate first!

The first episode: Drag on a Dime delivered - the girls are beyond over the top (you definitely won't see these type of photo shoots on ANTM!). I read in a review of the first ep, where the reviewer compaired RuPaul in pinstripes to Tim Gunn, but I have to say that get Ru in a gown a she's a hair tossing Hot Tranny-Tyrant Tyra Style (but better then Tyra).

These photo shoots are definitely a far off shot from Tyra's Next Top Model expectations:



In Drag on a Dime RuPaul mixed Project Runway with Next Top Model requiring the contestants to make their costumes from finding from a local 'goodwill'.

Unlike ANTM these girls do their own make up and ready for the runway show.

Nina Flowers (my favorite so far) does up her hair

Each show there will be a runway show and then the bottom two will need to "lipsynch for their life!"

So set your DVR now - the next episode is on Monday: 10 pm on Logo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That show was good but I don't know why they kept that ugly guy that looked like Bette Davis. -perv.

Marja said...

I DVR'd and I'm hooked! RuPaul does a better version of Tyra than Tyra does herself!

Dancer said...

*RuPaul does a better version of Tyra than Tyra does herself!* Agreed!

Thankfully, Ru doesn't do that eye-flutter-thing that Tyra does ~ that just bugs me...

I KNEW you'd be hooked!

Anonymous said...

I watched it and it was a little over the top. Yet I wanted to watch it to the end. The guy in the red with ribbons, wow!